Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Thank you for the link, explained it well! I will be using the Liquid Chlorine from Walmart rather than the bleach, the %difference comes in at a better price/oz according to the Pool Math app!
Years ago when bleach was sold at 8% the price was better or close when comparing the two. Back then the “pool shock” was harder to find and bleach was everywhere. Today, it’s shifted a fair amount. Now with bleach sold at 6% the cost went up plus it’s harder to find.

Clorox still make 8.25%? Their prices look REAL high. Home Depot delivers.
Yeah high price, $7.46/121oz, but about a month ago it looked hopeless for getting clorox at any price. IDK about now, but back then Home Depot or Lowes were both out stock and you couldn't order it either, plus it would of been the 6.05%.
I'm thrilled to have it. I probably have enough in my shed for the season.

I'm having more trouble with muriatic acid than I am with bleach. The first time I went, my local hardware store had a gallon on the shelf of 20 degree Baum for $5. Awesome, I thought. But, he hasn't had any at all since.

I also haven't been able to get any from HD. They have had "Kleanstrip" "green" muriatic acid, that is advertised to not smell as bad as regular. I think it's either a weak concentration, or a MA substitute.

Howe, today they just now show REAL m.a. in stock on the website.

The Kleanstrip stuff works fine, but it's 20% and not 20 baume. So you would add a little less than the 15% calculation in Pool Math gives. (It's becoming the standard everywhere and I do wish Pool Math would have a 20% strength option @Leebo ;) )

Reactions: Leebo
Alright, awesome. Good to know, that's math I can do myself. 20 baume is 31% or 35 or something isn't it? No matter, I can Google it. Lol

I've been just using the dry acid that I CAN get at the local hardware store right now. In the future if I can't find 20 baume I'll use the Kleanstrip stuff and perform the conversion myself.

Thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh I know. It has just been my only option, or so I thought. Better than my PH being over 8. My TA is a bit high, so it drifts up quickly.

However, I have managed to drop the TA substantially, so that should be getting better.

Home Depots around here always have tons of muratic acid. I go through a gallon about every 2 weeks.

They have not had any around here online or otherwise (aside from the Kleanstrip) until this week. I think everything is wacky right now with Covid. My local hardware store says there are a lot of things he just can't get right now.

I wonder why you use so much acid compared to me? Granted I'm maintaining only half the amount of water that you are, but I'm still working on the gallon of 20° Baume that I bought 6 years ago.
No clue. My pH just keeps going to 8 or so each week. I use 10% HD chlorine. Real hard water, not sure if that effects pH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support