Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I'm probably too late for you, but in Austin I've been going to HEB for 121 oz of 8.25% at $2.59, since Walmart lowered their laundry bleach to %6. Walmart does sometimes have full-gallon two-packs of 10% which is on par with HEB, but it is usually sold out. I haven't tried Austin pools stores in a while. I found if they even had chlorine it was ancient, because they don't believe in using it. People in Houston and Dallas have better options.
You may want to double check the strength. I think HEB dropped their bleach down to 6% like everyone else

Found Pure Bright by KIK products. 12.5% on Amazon for $34.80, case of 10, free shipping. .218 per oz in pool math.

It doesnt look like it has any additives.
Anyone know details about this one?

I read it here on another thread, but Home Depot in McKinney has a 3 gallons per box price of $9.98. If you buy 4 boxes, 12 gallons total, they take off $1 per box. That's $35.92 for 12 gallons of fairly fresh (10 days old) 10% liquid chlorine ($3 per gallon).

I

THIS!!!!! I was just going to post this and I went back a few days to make sure no one had yet.... then the LAST POST i see... BAM! Love it...

I just purchased two of the gift cards... and got the $60 gift card free. They have the liquid chlorine at $2.99 all year (at least all swimming season)... so I'm in no rush to buy a ton and just leave it in the hot garage. They have a good selection of other pool stuff for cheap as well... and lawn care stuff too for great prices. Love this store.

Thank you for posting about this! I'm in NJ and Walmart hasn't had their 10% on sale since 2017 so this year I need to find a new location to bulk purchase my bleach since I was told by an associate there that since it's flying off the shelves, it will likely stay at $3.64/gal.. Shrewsbury isn't too far from me so I'll check them out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey all, Home Depot in Catonsville MD, has HDX 8.25% bleach @ $3.68/gallon. Doesn't sound cheap to me. I ended up buying dry shock from "In the Swim" for $2.45/lb for 68% Cal-hypo. Seems a much better deal, but I am new to this site and trying to figure it all out.
The HDX 8.25% bleach is a waste. Go to their pool section for 10% liquid chlorine 3 gallons per box for 8.98 per box if you buy 4 boxes or more at a time. Cheaper and stronger.

What box are you talking about, they are filling jugs out of probably over a 1K gal tank. Overpriced compared to what? At Ace you are paying about 3.50 a gallon, I paid 1.89 and that's with tax. I have seen some crazy expensive bagged shock, pool tools etc. You are right about it should be fresh though; I've seen over 100 gallons leave the place in 20 mins. I'll ask them and pinch a penny right down the road what their concentration is; probably getting fills from the same contractor.

What they sell at my store is a box with 2x 1 gallon jugs in it. I don't recall a brand name written on the box but there is a near identical double-jug box on acid they sell also. Exact same acid and liquid chlorine is sold at Ace Hardware in town for 20% less.
The only bulk they sell at this one is granular shock (50 lbs bags of CalHypo or Trichlor) and they seem to do whatever they can to discourage liquid chlorine purchases (probably because it's half the price of the CalHypo so I'm sure they get a much smaller margin).

The HDX 8.25% bleach is a waste. Go to their pool section for 10% liquid chlorine 3 gallons per box for 8.98 per box if you buy 4 boxes or more at a time. Cheaper and stronger.
Must be in Texas only. Our HD has a fairly weak pool chemical section. They didn't have any liquid chlorine. Their pool chems section is outside, full of dust so it has been sitting around for quite awhile

I looked at some of that today in HD; be aware that it is probably not even a gallon, what I looked at was 3.75
What they sell at my store is a box with 2x 1 gallon jugs in it. I don't recall a brand name written on the box but there is a near identical double-jug box on acid they sell also. Exact same acid and liquid chlorine is sold at Ace Hardware in town for 20% less.
The only bulk they sell at this one is granular shock (50 lbs bags of CalHypo or Trichlor) and they seem to do whatever they can to discourage liquid chlorine purchases (probably because it's half the price of the CalHypo so I'm sure they get a much smaller margin).
I've been directed to the cal hypo the last few times I've been in there. I don't think they understand there is such a thing as too much calcium.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support