Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I've recently switched from "Pool Essential" brand liquid chlorine 10% to Home Depot's HDX liquid Chlorine 10%.

They come in a pack of 3 for $9.99 and to me the Chlorine is a better quality than that of the Walmart brand. Could be total placebo effect but *shrug*

One less reason to go to Walmart.

I had not checked at ALDI's before because they had the pondersome 1/ gallon jugs.

Now it's a gallon jug of 6% for $2.59 at my store anyway.

Maybe chem geek can crunch the numbers and tell us how much more plastic is used in bottling and hauling around half gallon containers (PITA) over gallon containers.

Really glad to see the larger bottles available now.

Just checked my Rural King bleach strength. It was 141 days old, but still tested at 9.6% with JasonLion 10,000 to 1 dilution.

Commercial bleach: testing concentration

They must be doing something right on shipping and storing. My store had it stored on a pallet inside the store.
With the very low price for a case of 4 gallons I just wish I had known them for my SLAM.

A very long thread so please excuse me if I've missed a similar post for the UK.

My best price is £11.20 including tax for 20 L of 12-15% Sodium Hypochlorite from Wynnstay farm supplies.

In the UK if you order 20L of it then it's hazardous and will cost up to a£45 for delivery. If you order 20 X 1 L then it's not hazardous at all evidently but the cost per L is high.
As Wynnstay is quite wide spread in the UK I pop in and pick it up.

NAPCO chemical in Spring TX sells 12.5% for $1.68/gallon

Members frequently ask "Where is the best place to buy liquid chlorine where I live?"

This thread is an attempt to consolidate all of the places you know of in your town so others can share in your good deal.

If you know a place that has a good deal on liquid chlorine, whether it is a pool store, janitorial supplier or whatever, reply to this thread with the name of the business, the details including price, concentration and quantity, and we'll add it to this list.

US Wide:

Walmart: $2.94 for 121oz of 8.25%. 29.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Sams Club: $9.47 for 3 count 121oz of 8.25%. 31.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Aldi's: ????

Alabama

Mobile: Pinch-A-Penny 2.5 gal refillable (10.5%) $8.99 initial, $6.08 refill ... 18.1 cents/oz of sodium hypochlorite

Alaska

Arizona

Check for a local HASA dealer who generally sell bulk chlorine at a good price

Tucson: E-Konomy Pool, 4912 E 22nd St, Refillable 4 gallons of 12% for $13.96 = 22.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Arkansas

California

San Rafael/Petaluma: Herb's Pool Service Refillable 4 gallons of 12.5% for $17.32. 27.1 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Orlando: Pinch a Penny and Leslie's refillable 2.5 gallons of 10% for $5 after tax. 15.6 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Idaho: Fred Meyer has their 8.25% 121 oz jugs on sale for $2.69. 26.9 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Illinois

Rural King stores: $9.99 for 4 gallons of 10%. Frequently on sale for $7.99 and even $6.99 around Memorial Day. 19.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $9.99. 15.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $7.99. 13.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $6.99.

Indiana

Rural King stores: $9.99 for 4 gallons of 10%. Frequently on sale for $7.99 and even $6.99 around Memorial Day. 19.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $9.99. 15.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $7.99. 13.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $6.99.

Menards: $3.99 for one gallon of 12%. 26 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite. On sale around Memorial Day as BOGO making it 13 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Raleigh: MVP Services, 5813 Triangle Dr $13.50 for 5 gallons. of 12%. 17.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Dallas: Riviera Pools 12.6% HASA Chlorine for $22 for 4 gallons. 34.1 cents per gallon of sodium hypochlorite.

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Wasn't sure whether to post on this thread since it's pinned, or start a new 2019 bleach price thread. It's always interesting to hear about sales and bleach availability. I'm still buying at HEB, at $2.59 per 121oz of 8.25%. There's no pool stores in Austin that sell liquid chlorine very cheaply or in bulk that I know of. Nice only using about a gallon per week in "winter".

Wasn't sure whether to post on this thread since it's pinned, or start a new 2019 bleach price thread. It's always interesting to hear about sales and bleach availability. I'm still buying at HEB, at $2.59 per 121oz of 8.25%. There's no pool stores in Austin that sell liquid chlorine very cheaply or in bulk that I know of. Nice only using about a gallon per week in "winter".

I just picked up 24 jugs of bleach at LIDL here in Augusta, GA. $2.59 a jug and the strength is still 8.25%. Even better I had a $10 off coupon for a $50+ order that they sent me in the mail.

I've recently switched from "Pool Essential" brand liquid chlorine 10% to Home Depot's HDX liquid Chlorine 10%.
They come in a pack of 3 for $9.99 and to me the Chlorine is a better quality than that of the Walmart brand. Could be total placebo effect but *shrug*

There would be a noticeable difference if the dates are newer and/or better handling/storage =)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been getting 12% for only $2.50 a gallon at my local chemical and janitorial store. Their stock is always fresh and replenished weekly in drums. Y'all may want to check and see if y'all have a local janitorial supply company and call them to inquire about their bleach.

I recently drove past a janitorial store in a business area here in Augusta and thought I'd stop in and ask if they sold to individuals. Thanks for the reminder to do so. I don't need it myself, per se, but it will be handy to know about as an option for folks. :)

Maddie :flower:

Any favorite places in the Dallas area? I usually go to Home Depot for the 3 pack of 10% for 9.99. However, they store it outside in the lawn and garden area so it doesn't seem to be full strength.
If you have HEB, it's a good deal, and fresh.

Our local Wal Mart is running a sale on the Pool Essentials 10% and went to pick some up yesterday...but the Julian date is 18 351...so only bought 10 of them. Perhaps they will get some that is fresh in the near future.

That's not a bad price, Caroline. Just make sure you check the production dates stamped on the jug and that they're less than, say, 90 days old at the most? The newer the better. They're usually in Julian date such as 201933 may show the 33rd day of 2019 for example (aka Feb 2nd of this year).

Maddie :flower:

Pinch a Penny Pool just opened a location in McKinney, TX. They sell a 2.5 gallon liquid chlorinator for about $15, then you can refill it from their tank for $7.88 (this weekend starting on the 4th they have a sale for 10% off each). I asked about the strength...they told me it's labeled as 10.5%, but its actually about 12% (not sure about that).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support