Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Wal marts all over western North Carolina are out of the pool essentials LC too. No idea what happened. It’s been an easy get until this point.

I think what happened is it used to be cheap and economical to buy non scented 8.25% bleach at a lot of stores, including wally's.
Now the have increased water and decreased the bleach content all for the same price. So really a huge price hike has sent everyone scrambling for some good and relatively inexpensive stuff.

Water's not cheap to bottle and ship you know. And the retail world just increased your shipping and container fees by almost a third.

FWIW, here in Northern Virginia I found 121 oz. of 8.25% “More concentrated” bleach at Food Lion “on sale” all summer for $2.15. Just last week however jugs at 6.0 started showing up branded exactly the same way, other than the small print on the back showing the percentage. You definitely have to check every jug to be sure it is what you think it is!

FWIW, here in Northern Virginia I found 121 oz. of 8.25% “More concentrated” bleach at Food Lion “on sale” all summer for $2.15. Just last week however jugs at 6.0 started showing up branded exactly the same way, other than the small print on the back showing the percentage. You definitely have to check every jug to be sure it is what you think it is!

Yes that is the trend around here also it says 5.7% available chlorine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kmart (Hartsdale, NY) has 25% off 1 Gallon Kemtek Liquid Chlorine 10% for $3.74. You can also use a $5 off $50 purchase from "Shop Your Way" if you are buying a lot or are have something else to buy. When I bought it I got a coupon for 10% off pool supplies starting the next day.

Problem with buying online is, you really need to see it in person so you can read the date code to see if it’s fresh.
I can’t read the ingredients in that pic, but it looks to be just plain bleach. So yes, it should be ok.

Re: Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine - Gilbert AZ

The Restaurant Store (.com) sells James Austin A-1 1 gallon/ 128 oz bleach for $1.99 single bottle and $1.66 per bottle case of 6 (Total $9.99) No sales tax in Delaware. This is 5.25% Cheapest price I've found yet.

Orchard Supply Hardware has Kem Tek 10% chlorine on sale for for $4.99 for a case of 2 gallons.

Just announced all OSH stores to close by end of the year, liquidation to start Thursday. Very sad. But go get your chems! They also have some real nice patio sets and other poolside paradise gear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support