Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Okay, so I just picked up 9 of these from Home Depot in West Little Rock: 10% liquid bleach on sale for $1.18/gallon.

View attachment 79904View attachment 79905

I normally trust the Home Depot stuff, because it tends to work great and it's relatively cheap. The HDX 10% stuff is usually 3 for about $10. I'm curious to see how these work out, because the dating stamp on them is a little strange, not in the typical 2-digit year then day of the calendar. Looks like it could be 5 years old, given the 13 at the end of the stamp. Anyone have a better idea as to when this might have been made? I bought one out of a box, and I plan to try it to see how it works over the weekend. Might have to take the two boxes of four back if it turns out to suck, but I figure it's worth a shot at that price!

The new Lowes in WLR is better at keeping fresh Pool chlorine. I've been picking it up there or in NLR. I've talked Besser in Downtown Little Rock on Main St into keeping 10% chlorine on hand. FYI...

This is my second summer buying primarily from Redners. 12.5% 128oz 4 pack for $10 (= $0.156/oz). This is the sale price but seems to be on sale most of the summer. The dates on most of my local stores stock is 1352018 = May.

Not sure if Redners is located anywhere except SE PA.

Hey Hart...

Yeah, it seems that Winco has switched to selling 8.25% 121 oz under a "Top Job" label. Date codes at Winco in Denton and Lewisville are fresh and it seems to work the same. As long as it stays at $2, it will continue to be my go-to. Back up is the 10%, 128 oz three pack at HDepot for $9.99

Just to put some of these prices in perspective...

I work in a manufacturing plant and we buy a 330 gallon tote of 12.5% bleach every couple of months for sanitation. My delivered cost on it is $2.50 per gallon.

So some of these store prices we see are really not too bad.

Yeah, I don't feel too ripped off SCDAREN if I can get it for $2 to $3 a gallon, 8.25% to 10%. Of course, your 12.5% at $2.50 a gallon works out pretty good on the pure bleach quotient. Of course, I have no place to store quantity.

One guy posted from Houston area about getting it for a really good price in a bring your own container situation. That is what I am looking for...somewhere I could get two or three five gallon gas cans filled as needed and quit throwing all those plastic containers into the landfill. Even if the cost per gallon/per usable bleach were the same, if I could get the 12.5% refilled and not dump all those plastic jugs, win-win!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure why but two of the local Walmart stores are out of the 10% LC. Last time I went they had very little left. Not sure if they are ordering more or not. Checked Home Depot. The LC they had the newest date was 18082. With 17345 still on pallets shrink wrapped. I will be checking this weekend Rural King is supposed to have a pack of 4 gallons 10% LC for $8.99 their normal price. I hope they have fresh LC. Walmart here in East TN has the 6% great value bleach but in store price is $2.60. which when adjusting for strength costs the same as 10% LC.

In Massachusetts Lowe's is selling Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid for $3.96 a gallon, dates on the latest batch are 18-157 (June 6, 2018) is that the expiration date or the fill date? I did find one bottle with a date of 17-268 in which I returned promptly.
I have been having issues keeping chlorine in the pool I hope its not this stuff causing it.

In Massachusetts Lowe's is selling Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid for $3.96 a gallon, dates on the latest batch are 18-157 (June 6, 2018) is that the expiration date or the fill date? I did find one bottle with a date of 17-268 in which I returned promptly.
I have been having issues keeping chlorine in the pool I hope its not this stuff causing it.

date code is the fill date

For Houston Area I can confirm that...
Napco Chemical Co
2830 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring, TX 77388

A great place to get 12.5% for $1.68 a gal. They will sell it in 5,10,15,30, and up containers.

25K gal, IG plaster, 1.0 HP Jandy Century single speed pump , 460 sqft Cartridge filter, Polaris 180 cleaner, attached spa, and waterfall. Taylor K-2005 test kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support