Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I went to two of the local BJs on Tuesday and both had lot of 4 packs of 12.5% for $14.99...was funny to see that they were almost out of Clorox Pool products but the LC was fully stocked.

I am simply amazed at the low cost of chlorine in the northeast U.S. $3 a gallon for 12.5% would be a dream here in greater Houston, where the best price I can find is at a pool store--Leslies. $16.99 for four gallon jugs in a box. After adjusting for chlorine content, Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowes are all more expensive. If anyone from Houston, especially the west side, is reading this and has a cheaper source, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

I am simply amazed at the low cost of chlorine in the northeast U.S. $3 a gallon for 12.5% would be a dream here in greater Houston, where the best price I can find is at a pool store--Leslies. $16.99 for four gallon jugs in a box. After adjusting for chlorine content, Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowes are all more expensive. If anyone from Houston, especially the west side, is reading this and has a cheaper source, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

What % is the Leslies? When I needed liquid chlorine, I was ordering online from Home Depot and having it delivered to the house. $9 for three gallons of 10% (3 gallons to a box). I would order 6 boxes at a time (18 gallons total) because they charged for freight shipping ($$$) if you ordered 7 or more boxes. Otherwise the shipping is $9. Super convenient, even if the price is close to Leslies.

What % is the Leslies? When I needed liquid chlorine, I was ordering online from Home Depot and having it delivered to the house. $9 for three gallons of 10% (3 gallons to a box). I would order 6 boxes at a time (18 gallons total) because they charged for freight shipping ($$$) if you ordered 7 or more boxes. Otherwise the shipping is $9. Super convenient, even if the price is close to Leslies.
Leslies in NJ is 12.5% and between $5-6/gallon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Leslies is 12.5%. By my calculations, that's 25% more chlorine per gallon than 10% chlorine, and being able to drive right up to the door is a plus, and the store guys will carry it to your car if you want. I usually buy at the Cinco Ranch store on SH99--Grand Parkway (it's in the same center as Total Wine, so very convenient). Leslies on Mason Rd has it, as does the one on Westheimer Parkway near Katy. Mason road raised their price to $20 during the shortage, so I've removed them from my list of OK stores. The employees at the Westheimer Parkway store don't wear masks, so I avoid that store for now, too. The SH99 store is pretty busy and turns over pretty fast, so I call first to be sure they're not out of stock.

Iowa/Illinois . Farm & Fleet. $3.25/1 gallon. 12.5%
Expensive year with no Menard's sales. Every other year it is $2.00/ 1 gallon of 12.5%.

Chlorine Prices in Houston, TX Area
Purchased 4 gallons of liquid chlorine 12.5% for $18.39 (including tax) at Leslies. This is $0.287 per oz per Pool Math calculation.

Must be nice! For some reason the Home Depots around here believe we're only worthy of two packs for $8.98

Nevada / Las Vegas
All Home Depot stores
House brand HDX pool chlorinator - 10% concentration
about $9 for 2 1-gallon jugs.

Interesting. I found this but it's only 6%. $34.80/10 for even 10% wouldn't be too shabby given Amazon rewards points :D
Where do you guys get liquid chlorine in Las Vegas?

Based on my research, lowes has the lowest price:

Lowes:
10% - $7.48 for 2 gal or $0.292/oz

Home Depot:
10% - $8.98 for 2 gal or $0.351/oz
10% - $8.08/e for 4+ box--> $32.32 for 8 gal or $0.316/oz

Fresh Pool Supply:
10% - $9.99 for 2 gal or $0.390/oz
10% - $14.95 for 4 gal or $0.292/oz

Pacific Pool Supply
12.5% - $12.95 (HASA) for 2 gal or $0.405/oz

Walmart:
10% - $3.64 for 1 gal or $0.284/oz but they are old, like 2017 in my store.

Not to sound stupid here but I have been reading posts here and you can just use Clorox bleach instead of getting jugs at the pool store and is liquid better then tabs I have a hard time keeping it from getting my shirts lol no matter how careful I am

Not to sound stupid here but I have been reading posts here and you can just use Clorox bleach instead of getting jugs at the pool store and is liquid better then tabs I have a hard time keeping it from getting my shirts lol no matter how careful I am

You can use Clorox bleach but I have not seen any in the stores in months.

Hi - from Katy, TX. I have done the same investigation and found Leslie's to be the cheapest. I have used Pool Math to do the calculations. The only advantage with Leslie's is every so often I get a $5 coupon. I used it this morning so I got the 4 gals for $12.98 inclusive of tax.

Where do you guys get liquid chlorine in Las Vegas?

Based on my research, lowes has the lowest price:

Lowes:
10% - $7.48 for 2 gal or $0.292/oz

Home Depot:
10% - $8.98 for 2 gal or $0.351/oz
10% - $8.08/e for 4+ box--> $32.32 for 8 gal or $0.316/oz

Fresh Pool Supply:
10% - $9.99 for 2 gal or $0.390/oz
10% - $14.95 for 4 gal or $0.292/oz

Pacific Pool Supply
12.5% - $12.95 (HASA) for 2 gal or $0.405/oz

Walmart:
10% - $3.64 for 1 gal or $0.284/oz but they are old, like 2017 in my store.

We get nearly all of ours from Wal-Mart. Last batch I bought was only 5 days old. It's not uncommon for them to be out of stock so I check online first. Walmart also stocks 2-packs for something like $9/box (2-pack) so avoid those.

Looks like Lowes recently increased their price. My nearby Lowes stores the chlorine outside in the sun and it's pretty old.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support