Best places to buy bleach

JenniferB

May 27, 2007
St. Louis, Missouri
As I am slowly converting to the BBB method, I was out the other night getting some bleach. I was curious to see where all of you are getting the best deals on bleach out there. Because I was in a rush to get some bleach in my pool, I ran to the closest store, Target, and found the 1.42 gal bottles of Clorox (6%) for $2.99. I know that can't be the cheapest price out there!

Would love to hear what you all are using!

KurtV

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
SE Louisiana
K-Mart, of all places, generally has the best price here. Their 3 quart jugs of 6% are routinely marked down to $0.99 and are 1.39 when not on sale. Wal-Mart is usually somewhat higher and since I can't stand going in there (because of the crowds, not because of some anti Wal-Mart philosophy) I usually go to the big K for bleach.

gonefishin

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
Joliet, Il.
Also watch the sales ads. Just make sure you get 5.25% or above when you buying jugs of bleach. Another good place to check is at all your local pool stores and water treatment stores as well. A water treatment store near my house sells it's >12% solution in a five gallon black carboy for $10.10 after tax.

happy hunting!
dan

medvampire

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 3, 2007
East Tennessee
I have been getting mine from a pool store :shock: . I found they had 10% liquid chlorine that is testing at 12% for around $12 for 4 gallons. After doing the math it is cheeper in the long run to buy it here.
Check your local pool stores you might get a good deal there as well but dont let them talk you in to any thing else.
Steve

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
SWSuburban Chicago, IL
Aldi's 6% for 99cents here...

the Safeway store brand was just on sale for 2/$4 146 oz, there were only 2 jugs left, so the BBB method is popular here in Homer Glen?!

Wal-Mart has the big jugs for $2.28. $1.95 is cheap by comparison down there in TX!

What are you paying for GAS? We are $3.66 gal....

tomslick15

May 31, 2007
Fenton, MO
Stay away from the "home best" or "shoppers value" at Shop N Save, it is only 3%. Walmart seems to have the best non-sale price 1.28 for 3/4 gallon 6% and 2.28 for 1.75 gallon 6%

matt4x4

Apr 2, 2007
walmart

I am up in Canada, so products are likely different, however, I find that the walmart no name bleach is the best buy, it's 5.75% and a gallon is $1.39, however, buyer beware, they also sell a 1.25 gallon jug at much more than a 25% price jump of the same stuff.

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
I to am in Canada, although I have a SWG, I keep four jugs (4Litre) of 10.8% Shock, its 3.99 a jug and the best I like, it has a sealed top, no way the bleach can break down over time.
Am I getting ripped?

Rik

Buggsw

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2007
Arizona
Just wanted to mention to anyone in Arizona. The B&L Pool & Supply stores are running a special buy 3 gallons of Hasa 12.5% bleach and get the 4th free. These are the returnable bottles in a plastic tub/carrier. It's $3.33 per gallon normally.

There are a ton of B&L's all over Arizona.

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
SWSuburban Chicago, IL
Sent hubby to the store to buy two "large" jugs of bleach, and he came home with the small bottles. I think I won't say anything because then I would really be a nag....

Gas is still about $3.60. It's only $3.45 over the county line (12 miles East) and that county has a gas tax....I just know we are getting gouged over here....

Marillion Fan

LifeTime Supporter
May 26, 2007
About a 1/2 hour from P.S.U.
Rangeball said:
Save-A-Lot grocery store has .75 gal of 6% for $1.18. Last year it was $.99.
Yes my Save-A-Lot also went to 3/4 jugs @ $1.18 from $.99 last year funny story when I opened this year I went to Save-A-Lot and pulled out 12 bottles and checked out the girl at the register said she had just tried the bleach and she said it worked real well I said it will work just fine these are going in my pool and she just looked at me like what the heck are you doing that for I just had to chuckle to myself.

stevet1

May 28, 2007
I don't even have a pool yet, and I plan on a SWG anyway, but I saw

Costco/ Sacramento:

3 large jugs of Clorox Regular bleach (6%) (182oz). Looked at the label to try to find if there were any additives, I didn't see anything that would indicate additives.
total = 4.26 gallons/carton

for $6.09. regular price

Also, don't have to worry about buying in bulk at costco. I guess not the absolute best price, but could be pretty convenient if you're getting other stuff there anyway.