Best place to purchase Muriatic Acid

chavezone

Sep 7, 2018
Las Vegas
I live Las Vegas and wondering where is the best priced best quality Acid, have recently upgraded to SWCG and acid is now something I have to monitor, not something I had to do before

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
I find it in Home Depot. 2 gallon box. 31.45% for $12.98, but in Bullhead City, AZ.

Check your local Home Depot. If they only have 14.5%, keep looking.

Desert Debster

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
May 6, 2017
LAS VEGAS, NV
Chavezone,
I get my 31.45% at Lowes (Trop/Ft.Apache). Used to be ChemTek contractor grade MA but lately they’ve only had the 14.5% so I switched to CROWN. It’s in the cleaning supplies aisle on the floor under the shelves - not with the pool supplies. Not sure it’s the best price but I get the 4-gallon case and I’m set for a while so it works for me.
I can only speak for the Home Depot on Decatur & Trop and I can never find any 31.45%. which sucks ‘cause that’s a more convenient location for me.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
I suspect you all in Vegas may need to check a pool supply house. The pool maintenance companies use a bunch of the stuff. Find out where they get it.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Does ma loses potency like chlorine over time?
No.
But do realize you should store it outside. Not near any metals. I use a 20 gallon plastic trash can with lid to put the MA bottles in. If you have children, you should find something you can lock/latch.

mguzzy

Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
In my area the cheapest price is from the Mom and Pop pool supply store in my area. They sell 20 baume in recyclable containers. Just sayin' check that source too.