Best cover for 18x33 aboveground with full deck?

turbo38t

Sep 19, 2010
I am closing my pool for the first time and want to buy a good/easy to install cover. It measures 18'x33' inside dimensions....also has a full flush deck all the way around with railings. It previously had a cheap rectangle tarp/cover with many different length ropes tying it to the railings and water weight bags all around the edge with a ball underneath. What is a decent cover? Thanks. Dave

turbo38t

Sep 19, 2010
I guess the deck wraps around one end of the pool (about 6 feet before it steps up about a foot and then goes another 10 feet.....on the one side it is about 8 feet to the edge....only 3/4 the length or so. The entire pool has a 2 foot flush aluminum deck around the whole perimiter. Dave

PoolGuyNJ

TFP Expert
May 20, 2007
South Central NJ
A tarp cover with water bags is what I suspect is best here. The decking won't hold anchors for a safety cover. The torque of the spring on the anchor would likely pull the anchor out, especially with a snow load.

Scott

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
Turbo, welcome to TFP!!

They make safety cover anchors that 'clip' onto the outside edge of AG aluminum decks. Unfortunately, I have no idea who makes them nor how to get them :evil: However, these little clips have standard brass, screw up anchors and seem to have worked well on the 3 pools I've seen them on.

Just a thought :)

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
S Everything Else 12
JaySav Everything Else 5
Nickbruce128 Everything Else 1

Other Threads of Interest