best clear pool cover

Jul 2, 2014
Hudson, wi
I purchased a clear cover a couple years ago and bought the thickest cover thinking it would last the longest. Only a few years in and I need a new cover already. The one I bought is already breaking down and the bubbles are all popped and clogging up my filter. What is a quality brand and am I better off with a thinner cover? Thanks

Consensus says buy the cheapest solar cover. They only last one or two seasons anyway. Biggest contributor to degradation is when they are off the pool. They need to be covered.

that's too bad, I hate replacing the cover. Our pool is an odd shape and we have to cut it to fit and it can be a pain. I wish we had a normal rectangular pool... thanks for the info though, I'll work on keeping it covered as well.

I have a rectangle pool with stairs on the side so we went 4 ft bigger with the cover and had to trim it to fit anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.