Best base/level for Intex XTR?

alissasommerfeldt

May 16, 2022
Knoxville, Tennessee
Unfortunately I am draining my pool and will have to start fresh with leveling, as there was a four inch discrepancy (yikes). Before filling the pool up, all was level, but I’m thinking the water weight compressed the sand unevenly. So second time is the charm, I have some questions:

1. The ground is level and then I have sand. Would a lawn roller help compact the sand better, and then tarp?
2. Do my cement pavers under the legs need to be level with the ground (so buried), or are they fine sitting on top of the tarp? If they need to be buried, any tips/tricks on that process?

1. The ground- not just the sand, must be level.
2. Yes- the tops of the pavers need to be level with the ground, not the sand.

1. The ground is level and then I have sand. Would a lawn roller help compact the sand better, and then tarp?
2. Do my cement pavers under the legs need to be level with the ground (so buried), or are they fine sitting on top of the tarp? If they need to be buried, any tips/tricks on that process?
  1. Sand is not a leveling media, it is strictly for liner protection/comfort. It cannot be deep.
  2. It is very hard tedious work, but the top of the pavers/bricks must be level with LEVEL solid ground
  3. Link below for more detailed info:

Reactions: Mdragger88
I rented a plate compactor. You would be surprised how much the ground moves when you go over it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.