Best AGP for freezing Michigan Steel vs. Resin

I think your question should be which pool will stand up to the SWG more so than freezing weather. Salt will rust a steel component pool faster than a resin but you've also got to understand that you wont get a wall made of resin because they are usually steel and bolt together. The post and ledges can be resin.

There are fully-resin pools available. Here is one of the pools I've been considering, in a similar climate as OP so I'm quite interested in this discussion:

There are no steel parts other than the stainless skimmer/return panel, and the trim on the caps.

@jentiffr24 the pool factory also makes three steel (60-year warranty) and one extruded aluminum (lifetime warranty) pool models that are fully warranted for the use of a salt system.

Also looking for more info on this.. I was looking at the Saltwater 8000 on the pool factory but after seeing alot of the failures of salt panels I am wondering how long they actually hold up and how long the coatings last.. The Saltwater 8000 apparently has an interior and exterior coating but I am also looking at the Aurora with the Resin walls, I am just wondering how durable the resin is to cold climates and freezing temps.

I did wind up buying the Saltwater 8000, it's currently sitting on a pallet in my garage. Decided on it over the Aurora because of Chicago winters. Might be a complete overreaction on my part.

I'm not at all concerned about my 3500 ppm salt destroying the walls of the Saltwater 8000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.