Best A/C filters for Intex pool

rj2222

Jun 11, 2012
Michigan
Hey all. I'm already having a hard time finding filters locally so going to look online for the A/C filters for my Intex pool. So many brands out there though, any tips on which ones to avoid or look for that aren't the Intex brand ones?
Just don't want to waste money on bad ones that don't filter so well, or if I have to spend a little more for better ones I'd like to know which brands those are.

I assume you are looking for new cartridges for the filter? Not sure what A/C implies -----
Pleatco is a quality producer of cartridge filters.

intex filters are intended to be disposable. they work fine, if you want disposable get the cheapest. if you want a better filter you can clean and reuse multiple times pleatco as mentioned. best option is upgrading to bigger pump and sand.

Reactions: rj2222
intex filters are intended to be disposable. they work fine, if you want disposable get the cheapest. if you want a better filter you can clean and reuse multiple times pleatco as mentioned. best option is upgrading to bigger pump and sand.
Thanks, will look into Pleatco. Do they call them A or C also or do they have some proprietary name for their version?

These Pleatco ones are great, you can tell they're better. Now I just need to figure out a good way to clean then. Do I just blast them with a hose to get the stuff it caught out or does that ruin them?

I clean my intex brand type b filters with a garden hose that had a flat spray pattern to clean the pleats. Works well and i can use the filter for several weeks and rotate thru my 6 filters for the season changing out the filter once a week and cleaning it before putting it to back of rotation.

Reactions: rj2222

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.