Before filling the pool

OGSW20

Jun 11, 2019
San Jose, CA
Fill date is nearing and I want to makes sure I am on top of things before something happens or doesn't happen that was suppose to. I tested my tap water supply and the readings are as follows:

FC 2
PH 7.7
TA 110ppm
CH 90ppm
CYA no reading

What next?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That is some sweet water right there! That will be easy to work with!! I am going to share some links with you then give you a shopping list!

This set of links tells of ways to make sure your plaster is the best it can be in the long run:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

This set of links I how to care for you pool once it is full of water and ready for FUN!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Shopping list:
-Test kit-look in my siggy for the one I think is the best buy for the money
-2 2cup measuring cups-1 for muriatic acid the other for all other chemicals
-White plate (plastic or paper) to hold up behind the pH test tube to help you match the colors for this test
-muriatic acid-make sure it is the 31% stuff
-chlorine-look around your area to fine YOUR best source for chlorine/bleach-If bleach make sure it is PLAIN bleach without smells, splashless, or chlormax in it.

If you have kids you will want a lockable, vented something to keep the muriatic acid in. It can be stored outside as it does not care about heat or such. No metal around it as the fumes can cause rust. It also cannot be stored close to chlorine as they do NOT play well together. There are plastic cabinets that work great to storing this needed yucky stuff.

Kim:kim:

OGSW20

Jun 11, 2019
San Jose, CA
Thanks Kim! I really appreciate the info and will look into those links you provided. I already bought a Taylor test kit and that is what I used to test the tap water. I wanted to familiarize myself with the testing procedures as suggested on this forum.