Bedrock and Leveling pool

welly123

Jun 14, 2022
Ohio
My husband and I bought a 27 ft x 54 inch above ground pool. We wanted to build it into our slope in our back yard so we started escavating. We quickly hit bedrock and jackhammered through most layers. We got the pool fairly level but made some mistakes along the way. Has anyone built there pool on top of bedrock? Looking to advice as we are taking our pool down and starting again.
I should share that we leveled the outer edge of the pool with pea gravel and put sand in the middle but we are open to better ways to level the pool!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You might post some pics of the area you are trying to prepare. It might help with responses. Of course be sure the outer perimeter of the pool is as level as can be with a very firm base to support the pool's support posts and/or bottom track. Take your time and be sure. Nothing worse than getting a pool set-up and filling it only to find you have a bad waterline our of level. :brickwall:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.