Beachfront Entrance cleaner

JoshAZ

Gold Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Hello all,

I currently have an mx-8 that I purchased as a newbie pool owner. We have a beachfront entrance pool and this robot crawls up out of the water until it sucks air. I mostly just clean the pool by hand and turn on the robot when I am around to keep an eye on it.

Would be nice to hear about any alternatives. I was not able to find much information searching google and previous threads.

Geebot

Aug 19, 2013
Hello all,

I currently have an mx-8 that I purchased as a newbie pool owner. We have a beachfront entrance pool and this robot crawls up out of the water until it sucks air. I mostly just clean the pool by hand and turn on the robot when I am around to keep an eye on it.

Would be nice to hear about any alternatives. I was not able to find much information searching google and previous threads.
I'm pretty sure the M400 (and similar) is beach entry. The models with float handles can easily sense when they're out of the water.

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
You can always shorten the hose to the point where it won't make it that far. I'm assuming your skimmer is on the other side of the pool and you are using that for the suction line.

JoshAZ

Gold Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks guys for the recommendation!

The skimmer line is closest to the beachfront I would have to find a way to anchor the hose on the direct opposite side of the pool and limit the length that way.