Battling Algae - yellow

skos007

Apr 21, 2019
Dallas
I have a salt pool

I have used a couple of different Algaecide. used Black Algaetrine about 2 months ago and Phosphate Remover about 2 weeks ago. I also added pool stabilizer a week ago.

My water test from pool store came back normal. I have a gunite pool with salt system.

I am brushing with Milliard wire brush.

It seems like it will go away but then come back as in areas I do not see algae but pool is shimmy. Also some area show algae.

What else do I need to be doing?

Start with your own test kit. Pool stores are notoriously unreliable. See test kits compared in my signature. Best Buy is the TF100, better mix of reagents. Recommend the speed stir, love mine.
Add your pool information to your signature. Helps the experts help you. Settings/signature

Don’t do anything else to your pool except add 5ppm of liquid chlorine to your pool daily to hold off algae a bit until your kit comes in, then post a full set of results so the experts can guide you.

Reactions: MITBeta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.