Bath Bomb in Pool

Has any body every thrown one of those bath bombs into a pool? We will be having a gender reveal party in April (typically we don't open by then because its still too cold) and were thinking about throwing a few bath bombs into the pool as the reveal. Would this mess with anything?

The simple ones for kids are usually citric acid, sodium bicarbonate and colorants. Sometimes they contain magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt). My kids love them in the bath.

It will cause a slight FC demand until the citric acid is fully oxidized and will add to the the TA slightly. The dye may persist until you get the FC up.

One or two in a large pool should not cause a huge problem.

If by chance it's a girl, theres a number of products out there made to turn water pink with no residual effects. They're used primarily around breast cancer awareness month to turn fountains, reflecting pools, etc pink.

Or do the party at night, and, assuming it's a boy, use the bluest light color. I say boy because the red on our lights can't be selected as a color even though it shows up in one of the light shows every so often (more red than pink), but it would work if selectable.

Has any body every thrown one of those bath bombs into a pool? We will be having a gender reveal party in April (typically we don't open by then because its still too cold) and were thinking about throwing a few bath bombs into the pool as the reveal. Would this mess with anything?
Congrats to the parents to be! ;) (whether you guys or family/friends)

Congrat's gerg - your pool is 8600gals...I'd use only one and pre-elevate your FC so you'll be good to go...

On the other hand, if it's a boy, you could hand out cigars; if it's a girl, you could hand out credit cards :giggle::giggle::giggle:

As an FYI, I'm exclusively handing out credit cards all the time....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.