Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good evening,
When I moved into this house - the previous owner had a single post, inground lifetime basketball hoop. The boys could dunk on it and have a grand time. I converted the pool to a salt water pool and over time the pole rusted (as expected). Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a basketball hoop that can withstand teenage boys who are also basketball players. Their dream would be to be able to dunk and hang on the rim again but I am not sure that is feasible. I would be satisfied with just hard use and no dunking/hanging.

Thanks for your help!!

Pictures of the old pole base could be helpful. Is there any way to use the old pole base? could you get a smaller diameter pole into the old base? Are you looking for official size? What type of deck do you have?

Here is my pool size hoop. The anchors they sell for these are made for a concrete decks. I have a paver deck so I made a pole extension for the anchor and set it in a sanu tube.

IMG_20180825_181248-3024x2268.jpgIMG_20180414_185557-3024x2268.jpgIMG_20180414_185513-2268x3024.jpgIMG_20180421_180037-3024x2268.jpg

For old construction maybe something like this, if you aren’t set on using a single pole mount. We have it. I don’t hang on it but I could. It has a breakaway feature though we don’t test it often. The base weighs 500 pounds when full. Splash and Slam

It’s actually quite massive and not the most attractive, but it’s impressively engineered. It is still in perfect shape after about 5 years. It gets emptied and stored in a shed for the winter. You can see pics of it in our build thread in my signature.

Both of these suggestions are right up the alley in what I was looking for. Thank you. As far as the single post in ground - I am going to explore your suggestions Rich. I am also encouraged by the splash and slam input you gave bmoreswim. Thank you both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.