Basin Drain on Infinity edge pool

Jul 11, 2009
Hi, does anyone know if or how often the basin drain on an infinity edge pool needs to be cleaned and how to do it ? Recently, it appears the the drain is clogged as the basin is filled at the correct level ( I have an auto fill in the basin) because the pool level is lower and not spilling over into the basin. The system has 2 check valves (Pentair) which I replaced one a year ago and the 2nd 2 years ago. I hope they last longer than that.
The pool is gunite about 10K gallons with a spill over spa, no skimmers other than spill over to basin. The pool does have a main drain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Don, Welcome to TFP.

Are you sure a valve is not set wrong that turns off your pump pulling from your catch basin?

Can you show us some pics of your equipment, valves, and the catch basin area?

Don, Welcome to TFP.

Are you sure a valve is not set wrong that turns off your pump pulling from your catch basin?

Can you show us some pics of your equipment, valves, and the catch basin area?
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the pool is in another State than me right now so I can't. The person that maintains my pool pool said she tried adjusting the valves and it did not fix the problem. I am the 2nd owner and the pool was built high tech with motorized valves, with remote control for most things. I think its overly complicated and adjust the valves manually, That said, the valves really have not been changed because we have not used the Spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.