Baquacil Conversions?

haze

May 13, 2007
New Jersey
I noticed there is no Baquacil Section, or at least a Converting from Baquacil Section.

I should think there is a need for one, with the number of conversions we saw on PF

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
100% agreed.

The"goo" victims will soon show up here in larger numbers...they need a forum of their own to get the special advice required.

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
Are you going to explain the bleach method, or the sodium percarbonate method?

The bleach method can cause some serious CC issues in indoor pools, not to mention taking WEEKS. Ask me how I know. . .

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
duraleigh said:
100% agreed.

The"goo" victims will soon show up here in larger numbers...they need a forum of their own to get the special advice required.
I can't believe your advocating ADDING a new area to the site! You're always Mr. 'less is more.' :wink:

I'll see where I can stick it or maybe make another sub-forum.

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
JSHILLING said:
OK - how do you know :shock:
Just saw your post!!

How do I know about baq conversions and cc's in indoor pools. . . I did a conversion earlier this year on my indoor pool. My CC's were up to TEN or so at one point. I tested and added chlorine at least twice a day, up to 5 times a day on weekends. It was weeks before the first step was visible, another week or more before the bottom of the pool was visible. CC's went down to 6.5, then around 4, then stuck there. Got new filter sand. 5 lbs of sodium percarb brought my cc's down to about .8. Went back up to 1.4 when I chlorinated again. Used hydrogen peroxide shock and lowered cc's to about 0.6.
Now, months later, backwashing and refreshing the water, using occasional sodium percarb shock, my cc's are about 0.3.

Sound like fun?

~Jules