West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So a buddy of mine just told me he bought a bandless filter and that they are supposed to be all the rage. Supposed to last longer since there are no bands to break. Did a quick search here and did not find anything on them. Anybody have an opinion on them?

Somewhere on here, someone suggested fixing a banded filter with a hot melt glue gun. I plan to do that with my old filters.

Given that the bands on the filter are not especially important to the proper operation of the filter and someone could lose all the bands and still use the filter for years...

I'd say your friend got sold in to pure marketing. Sure hope the price isn't much higher.

Nope, the price is almost the same. Just wondering what the story is.
I would say the story is a company (or companies) trying to find a way to differentiate their virtually identical filters from all the others on the market. However, if the price is virtually the same then it's probably not a big deal, if your friend thinks they are better then that's fine. They probably aren't any better or worse, so no harm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.