Balboa VS /free300

Karguy80

Mar 27, 2023
FL
I have a free flow spa that has been flawless. We moved, reconnected it today and I have light, pump hi/low. No error codes, but the display will not change from 76. I have restarted it multiple times and thought the Economy mode was on, but I can’t change the mode on the key pad. The heater light is on, but the water is still cold. Thoughts?

Sending out the signal for you…
Ben Affleck Rain GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Hopefully @RDspaguy will be along shortly to help troubleshoot.

free flow spa
Never heard of them.
Was it on it's side during the move?

Thoughts?
Moving can be hard on a used tub. Things get wet, rattle loose, sometimes break. It sounds like water in your topside or on the board, but that's just a guess. Also check for loose or damaged wires.
Post pics of circuit board, topside, and equipment area.
Turn off power, unplug topside, verify it is dry, and turn on power with topside unplugged. It should begin automated functions after a few minutes and start heating. Post results.

Last edited:
One of these guys? Attached a photo of one of the oldest spa on our routes.

Or is it a more advanced topside? VS should be a 3 or 4 button duplex topside.

RD is right. We need more photos.

If the display is unresponsive it does sound like a button/water/damage issue. It would explain the inability to change modes and change temp occuring simultaneously.

The only other common reason you wouldn't be able to access EC or SL would be if you moved the dipswitches and that wouldn't happen even if it fell off the truck 😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327-224016.jpg
    Screenshot_20230327-224016.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 9
Freeflow spas are made by watkins wellness. If you need parts give them a call & they can help with part #’s etc if you know which spa you have & where to order them from
DB43EA7F-9304-49F2-BCA7-5774E073C223.jpeg
0DC8AC3E-8604-42D1-8610-155110E80A03.jpeg

One of these guys? Attached a photo of one of the oldest spa on our routes.

Or is it a more advanced topside? VS should be a 3 or 4 button duplex topside.

RD is right. We need more photos.

If the display is unresponsive it does sound like a button/water/damage issue. It would explain the inability to change modes and change temp occuring simultaneously.

The only other common reason you wouldn't be able to access EC or SL would be if you moved the dipswitches and that wouldn't happen even if it fell off the truck 😆
That is the control board. And yes, it was stored on its side during the move. I will unplug tonight and try. Thanks!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Never heard of them.

Was it on it's side during the move?

Moving can be hard on a used tub. Things get wet, rattle loose, sometimes break. It sounds like water in your topside or on the board, but that's just a guess. Also check for loose or damaged wires.
Post pics of circuit board, topside, and equipment area.
Turn off power, unplug topside, verify it is dry, and turn on power with topside unplugged. It should begin automated functions after a few minutes and start heating. Post results.
Topside unplugged, unit is running- I will know In an hour or so if it is heating

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is the spa 120v or 240v? Maybe I missed that description but if it's a 240v and was not wired as such at the new home, its possible for the spa to "run" with only half that voltage. Topside controls will work, lights will work, and sometimes a 2-speed pump will engage but it's usually obvious the "oomph" is much less. Despite those 'working' you won't get heat.

Remaining possibilities are:
- bad topside (if you can't change the temp etc)
- bad heating element
- bad relay (PCB will need replaced)

Can you please send us a picture of your spa and of the equipment cabinet open?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.