Manteca ca
Hello all, please see pool test results below:
free available chlorine-4 ppm
combined chlorine- .2 ppm
calcium hardness- 200 ppm
cyanuric acid- 30 ppm
total alkalinity- 80 ppm
ph- 7.6

According to chlorine/CYA chart I'm at the bottom of the recommended range for FC, recommended FC range is between 4-6 for a CYA level of 30. The highest my test kit will test for FC is only 5ppm, do they make a kit that has a higher FC range? Also I was wondering if still need to shock or SLAM my pool if I keep by pool balanced in the recommended ranges?
Thanks, Brett

Order a TF-100

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.

I also have the Speedstir. It makes testing much easier.

And no, 'shock' is not something we do. And the SLAM process is only used if your water and testing point to needing it.

Order a TF-100

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.

I also have the Speedstir. It makes testing much easier.
Thanks for the info, I order the Taylor K-2006 test kit and should be receiving it next week. For now I'll be keeping the FC in the 5 ppm range with the kit I have. Also been using liquid chlorine, tabs and powders seem to cause problems. Tabs may be an option if I'm away from the house for a few days and need to keep my levels up while I'm gone.

Reactions: IceShadow
Welcome to TFP!

You have taken the best step(s) necessary to keep your pool water balanced and sanitized properly. Finding this TFP is step 1 and ordering one of the recommended test kits was step 2.

Join the discussion and read up on Pool School. Definitely, utilize Pool Math app or the PoolMath webpage to calculate how much chlorine to add to your pool based upon your CYA and pool volume.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.