Balancing Help

I just started reading about ozone systems. Should it turn mine off? Not even sure how to do that.
They do consume a small amount of chlorine. But it should not be significant. The systems used in residential pools are so small they are of no real value. Removing it completely and not using any more electricity for it is the best move.

Ok quick question. I am planning on doing an overnight test tonight. I have been testing every three hours today. I added 2 gallons of chlorine around 1145, and around 2 tested again and needed to add three gallons which seems like a lot. I did it, but is losing that many ppm (went from 16 to 6.5) in three hours normal? It is 106 today and my pool is in direct sunlight. Water looks beautiful.

At the FC level for a SLAM you will lose a bit more chlorine to the UV of the sun. But most is being consumed by organics.

As long as the water is crystal clear and you are not getting any dead algae build up on the pool floor, do a OCLT tonight if you wish. I suspect you will need follow the SLAM Process for a few days however.

Reactions: duade
Ok question. So today I went back to work and wasn't able to test the pool until 5pm. I also just realized I am out of bleach and won't be able to get any until tomorrow evening. Did I just ruin the SLAM process? I think I am really close, this has taken more bleach that I ever thought it would and I thought I had another box but it was empty.

If just cloudy and no visible algae, a few days. If algae and green, a week or two. What filter type do you have? Your signature just says Pentair Filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check all hiding places. If you are seeing dead algae then you still have live algae.

Cartridge filter will clear pretty well. Be sure to clean when you get a 25% rise in filter pressure over clean pressure.

Check all hiding places. If you are seeing dead algae then you still have live algae.

Cartridge filter will clear pretty well. Be sure to clean when you get a 25% rise in filter pressure over clean pressure.

Ok will do. The filters got cleaned a month or so ago and pressure looks good. Will keep an eye on that for sure. The water looks better than it ever has.

Hi there. Ok my pool passed the overnight test. Water is clear. This morning I measured the pool at 20ppm. I got home at five and just measured and the pool is at 2.5ppm. How could I loose that much chlorine in 9ish hours??

Are you still following the SLAM Process? If so, then yes, it could have dropped that far. I did not look back at your thread. You need to check and add chlorine more often or the SLAM can take a very long time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.