Baja ledge opinions

Kcav

Apr 15, 2017
Sacramento, CA
Hi there,
We are getting ready to sign a contract for installation of a new IG SWG pool. We have a pretty small yard, challenging access, trying to save some trees for privacy, etc. The dimensions of our rectangular pool will be 30 feet long by 13 wide at widest point and 11 at narrowest. We would like a baja ledge, as it stands now it is 8' by 4'. I am pretty 'stuck' on this location as it has the most privacy, we are surrounded by two stories. I see myself and grandmas hanging out at this location in adirondack type chairs, maybe my husband, but he's not convinced ;). I have two kids 10 and 12 and see my daughter hanging out in the shallow end (somersaulting ;) ) a lot and don't want to take up too much space and regret this ledge. This is our first pool and process seems pretty overwhelming. Any feedback on the ledge and if you like yours or would forgo it or any other opinions would be greatly appreciated! Will try to post an image of the design.

Reactions: CM_NOLA
I love ours! It's the one thing (besides the attached spa) that I am glad we did get. We also had them put in an umbrella sleeve and it really feels like a resort. Ours is about 8'x9' I think and about 9-12" deep. The only thing I regret is not getting a light on it. Right now, it gets dark at night while the rest of the pool lights up.

Here's a picture.

efda56493b34d156ada3c35d5d5434e5.jpg

0869c24f5e82238d24ed21630b86de36.jpg

6481fb2338a6a71a4855df450f9a6fd4.jpg

I uploaded from my phone on the tapatalk app - it asks for good, medium, or best and I usually go with the medium. It seems easier to upload phones through the app vs trying to do it on the computer. I always end up running into size limitations.

Esloser, Thank you for posting this picture! It is perfect because I am also looking like crazy for pictures of raised wall with tile and this looks great. We go tomorrow to start looking at options and I have no clear vision in my head. The designer drew it up with a natural stacked stone, but also want to look at tile options. Is this NPT the Gemstone Emerald by chance?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We built a 4' by 7' tanning ledge. It is 12" deep. Two bubblers and one umbrella socket in the middle. It is used as a big long bench. If I had read more of TFP before our build, I would have added small corner steps to break up the step down into the pool into smaller steps. (Same for our main entry steps). Not a problem for me, but young kids and grandparents might like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.