Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I stumbled onto a problem with my Ph testing. When I tested the ph today it was showing 7.0 which is a major suprise because usually the ph is on the rise everyday, however I did let the Alkalinity drop to 70 about 5 days ago. So I shook the reagent and checked it again and got 7.8. And again 7.7. So I checked with a test strip to compare and 7.2 with Alkalinity of 80. Now what should I believe? Is there a better kit than the k2006? I have 2oz bottle of solution dated 05/20.

Not sure if that first test was an odd anomaly or something. You have a K-2006 and that is a very reliable kit. I wouldn't worry too much about that odd result unless it continues to happen and/or you see large variations of test results. Also, it's important to not shake the reagents too much during testing. Just a gentle swirling to mix is all that's required. Too much agitation can actually disturb the reagent testing process.

Reactions: Fishy1234
Not sure if that first test was an odd anomaly or something. You have a K-2006 and that is a very reliable kit. I wouldn't worry too much about that odd result unless it continues to happen and/or you see large variations of test results. Also, it's important to not shake the reagents too much during testing. Just a gentle swirling to mix is all that's required. Too much agitation can actually disturb the

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.