Bad pool boy!

Jul 30, 2018
Fresno Ca
Hi Guys, I have a question! I have had the same pool company and the technician in particular has only been servicing my pool for 6mo because my previous pool technician left the company. I never have any contact with the technicians because I’m usually not home and just leave gate open and mail in my monthly payments. My pool is always pristine. However, today I was home and while talking on the phone the security camera popped up on my television screen and showed the pool technician in my backyard. After he cleaned the pool he proceeded over to the pump area to released the pressure, then he decided to release himself of urine all over my pool equipment! So, I hung up the phone and ran to the side of the house as he was leaving out of the gate and confronted him, of course he denied it, but I told him it’s on camera! Should I report it to the owner of the company, leave it alone or find a new pool service? Opinions

• Wow
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
So he went to the bathroom by your pool equipment because he really had to go and that was more convenient than stopping before his next stop, or he intentionally went all over your equipment in a malicious way?

JJ_tex, I’m sure he wasn’t trying to be malicious, but for him to pee all over my pool equipment or even in my backyard is disrespectful! I would never pee in anyone’s yard, I guess women think differently. He could have knocked and asked and I would have gladly let him in. I take pride in my yard!

Malicious or not, I think I'd let the company owners know what you caught on camera and give them the opportunity to replace the technician providing service.

In my opinion, there is no reason for anyone to relieve themselves in other than approved locations. I agree it shows a lack of respect for the client.

Reactions: borjis
There is no doubt workmen do that. He should be smarter about where he does it. I would call the pool company manager and nicely tell him the story and suggest he talk with the guy.

Did he actually pee ON the pool equipment? I'd be calling the company and reporting that! Now you have to wash off the pool equipment before touching or using it, and just the IDEA of someone peeing out in public, on something someone else will touch... That's just asinine!

Among numerous other odd jobs in college, I spent a couple of years working for a small landscaping company that catered to high-end landscapes. I worked on a crew of 3 or 4 (pretty much all college kids) and we made sure that extremely wealthy millionaires’ hedges were perfectly trimmed, their rose bushes pruned, their fountains and koi ponds in good working order, and occasionally when they decided to do something different, we would build them pathways, retaining walls and terraces. The owners were rarely home as they were usually thousands of miles away doing what extremely wealthy people do. My point is I spent a lot of time, often alone, on the unattended properties of multi-millionaires, a billionaire, and a US senator. Not once, ever, did it cross my mind to pee on one of their Venetian marble statues or into one of their fountains. And the one time I can think of that I had to relieve myself so badly that I couldn’t wait, I did it back behind some thick foliage behind a greenhouse. Every other time I just waited until we moved on to our next job; we pretty much always stopped at a gas station or fast food joint for food, refreshments, and bladder relief. If he was in dire straits and had to pee, the last place any rational person would think of going would be on or even near the pool equipment. If he did actually pee all over the equipment, I’d take that as a big middle finger to satisfy some grudge against either you, his employer, or as a matter of general dissatisfaction with his job. The call is yours. If someone peed on a bush in my backyard I’d probably let it go but if someone peed on my actual physical property I would take it personally and rat ‘em out.

Point being it’s about respect, we live on a golf course lot so the only place that would give him privacy is over in the corner where the pumps are. However, my cameras clearly captured him and I watched it in live time. After confronting him, I went and there was urine all over the equipment, which I hosed down. I don’t really want the kid to lose his job because he’s been there for awhile, and I hate to see someone unemployed. Thanks for the advice. I think I will just request that he not return to my property, due to his work ethics and not mention what happen. Does that seem fair? I know if it were me that did something like this and was caught red handed, I personally wouldn’t go back out of shame!

Reactions: borjis
Please report him! Pretty please....................too many people don't report then when something big happens "Oh they have never done anything wrong before" so.......they get out of it..............there needs to be a start on calling him out on his behavior AND I would NOT allow him back on your property.

YOU will not be costing him his job. HE did that when he peed ON your equipment!

Reactions: PointeTaken

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I work at customers houses also and have for over 25 years. I have never. My company would fire me on the spot. That being said I know many people who do. Have seen a bunch at my own house. The people building my pool and later on my deck are both examples. I would see them walking into my Arborvitaes and know exactly why. I offered the bathroom several times, not that I cared about the outside pee, just trying to treat the workers as guests on my property. The offer was declined several times due to them not wanting to track dirt and sweaty worker through my house. Your pool guy probably wasn’t nearly as dirty as the guys digging my pool. But he is probably just used to nobody being around.

My company also has GPS in the trucks so we are incredibly limited in how many places we can stop. One or two bathroom stops go under the radar, but when it is hot out you would be suprised how many times you need to stop in a day with proper hydration. When you are inside for a living it’s not even a thought if you use the restroom 8 times that day. I have to strategically plan each and every one without being caught for stopping. Which I do so I don’t get caught at a customers house, but still, it’s a daily dance.

If you didn’t think it was malicious, I would let it go (pun intended).

There is ‘peeing on the equipment’ by trying to use the filter as a block from view. Then there is also ‘peeing on the equipment’ walking around like a sprinkler hose.

I dunno, it just doesn't bother me..... as long as it is ONLY pee. And not ON the equipment but next to it. I feel for these type folks who work outside. Living in Georgia its almost a rite of passage that all men joke that they're entitled to pee in their own backyard as a declaration of ownership! LOL. When our young grandson was getting out of the pool and needed to pee when being potty trained there was no way he was gonna be able to hold it till getting in the house so we had one discrete spot he could go and whip it out. No harm, no foul.

Maybe being a trauma nurse has made me jaded to bodily fluids? I'm surrounded by all of them at work. They don't bother me.

Maddie :flower:

As a business owner...if that was my employee I'd definitely want to know. As a homeowner...if they don't fall over themselves to make it right with you they're fired. Would be generous of you to not post a review too.

Nature calls but there better ways to handle it. ON the equipment?...I agree that's sending some sort of message.

I dunno, it just doesn't bother me..... as long as it is ONLY pee. And not ON the equipment but next to it. I feel for these type folks who work outside. Living in Georgia its almost a rite of passage that all men joke that they're entitled to pee in their own backyard as a declaration of ownership! LOL. When our young grandson was getting out of the pool and needed to pee when being potty trained there was no way he was gonna be able to hold it till getting in the house so we had one discrete spot he could go and whip it out. No harm, no foul.

Maybe being a trauma nurse has made me jaded to bodily fluids? I'm surrounded by all of them at work. They don't bother me.

Maddie :flower:
Lol, after 4 kids, and 3 year old g-baby, hard to gross me out. ... a few random sprays, well idk, maybe better than stranger tracking stuff on floors inside -
Actually , who cares .... if they do a great job on your family's pool ...well worth it...tell him to aim for the bushes next time...I wish i had one if for no other reason - than to give y’all good people at TFP A break from me - broke and non pool literate WAS A TOUGH spot to start from ... but Im learning! Thank - you everybody at TFP

Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.