Bad coping job?

sbcpool

Mar 10, 2015
Upland, CA
Got home today and saw that the builders laid the coping today.

All around the pool the gap between the coping and the deck is different widths because the had to lay a lot of them cockeyed to make them fit. There are some places with huge gaps on the pool side and the pieces butting up against each other on the deck side, or vice versa on other pieces. There are pieces where the radius is clearly wrong so the ends have a small gap between the deck and the coping, but the center has a huge gap. Some pieces aren't even lined up.

On the spa they cut one of the pieces into two smaller pieces. Probably because it was so out of whack they couldn't even fit it by making it sit cockeyed. It looks bad having all these same length pieces of coping and then two little ones in one spot.

In my opinion it's not a very good job. I think I'm going to have them stop work until they can figure out how to make it better. Am I being unreasonable?

See pics.
IMG_20211204_152843.jpg IMG_20211213_162345.jpg IMG_20211213_162531.jpg IMG_20211213_162542.jpg IMG_20211213_162626.jpg IMG_20211213_162651.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Bradenpool and KJB1
Looks like this might just be a dry fit (lay it around the pool for placement) then come back and do all of the angled cuts to match the curve of the pool. Are they cemented into place or just loose? If they are actually cemented in that’s terrible but I can’t believe any contractor would see that acceptable if it is in fact really installed like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.