Backwashing

How much your water level will drop all depends on the volume of water in your pool vs. the flow that your pump puts out.
When I backwash, I loose about 1/2"-3/4".
I try not to have to backwash until after a good rainfall. That way Mother Nature has over filled my pool for me, and I need to lower it a bit anyway.

Reactions: Pperc
How much your water level will drop all depends on the volume of water in your pool vs. the flow that your pump puts out.
When I backwash, I loose about 1/2"-3/4".
I try not to have to backwash until after a good rainfall. That way Mother Nature has over filled my pool for me, and I need to lower it a bit anyway.
I lost about 3/4 inch when I backwashed. I’m in the process of opening a pool that hadn’t been open in three years. Was in very bad shape. Had to replace the skimmer and pump motor.

If you could, please take the time to read this post, then fill out your signature. It really does help us to envision what you are dealing with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.