Backwashing DE without a backwash setting on my valves?

Oct 6, 2021
Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, recently got my pool redone including new plumbing/filter/pump. I think it's time to backwash my Pentair QuadDE 60, but I don't have one of those wonderful valves with a dedicated "backwash" setting, which seems to be what's shown in all the stuff I've read so far. I've attached photos of my set-up. How would I go about backwashing this puppy? You'll see that, to dummy-proof our plumbing apparently, our builder took off the handle from one of the valves. I'll be fine putting it back on.

Thanks all, as always.

Attachments

• IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    578 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3336.JPG
    IMG_3336.JPG
    603.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3337.JPG
    IMG_3337.JPG
    650.6 KB · Views: 8
With no multiport valve of plunger/slide valve, you can't backwash. Perhaps your builder expected (assumed) you would dismantle the filter each time the grids required cleaning? Some DE owners do that, but to not have either valve available seems like a disservice to you if you would like to cycle water directly to WASTE or something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.