Pawleys Island, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I've been told to watch for a pressure increase to know when my sand filter needs to be back flushed but my system pressure has never increased in the 2 months my pool has been up and running. The pool has never been very dirty, I keep up with it pretty religiously. I use a skimmer sock and also have a leaf collector on my vac hose. Given that my filter has not gotten dirty enough to show a PSI increase, should I be back flushing anyway, and on what schedule?

R,

There is no need to backwash if the dirty pressure does not go up by 25% over your clean pressure.. Just for general purposes, I would backwash at least once a year no matter what the pressure was.. Skimmer socks or hairnets are a big reason for your success.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Just to confirm your gauge is working- it does turn to zero when the pump is off......right?

Maddie :flower:
Right. Seems to be working fine. Runs at 12-14PSI when in either full skimmer or full drain position. Goes to around 18PSI when in a middle position between the two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.