Backwash and rinse!

EuropeanPool

Aug 7, 2020
Iasi, Romania
Hello,

How are you, people?

I have a short, simple question.

When I am doing the backwash and after, the rinse, the evacuation should stay open for both? As in, the evacuation tap must be ON while I backwash and while I rinse?

Or it should be closed?

Thank you.

Apologies, but I am confused by "evacuation". Maybe we have different terminology. Below is how we backwash:

Handle to BACKWASH (until water is clear) > Handle to RINSE (about 30-40 seconds after clear) > Handle back to FILTER.

Pump is OFF before moving the handle to a new position. All BACKWASH and WASTE water goes out a separate line from the multiple[ort valve. We call that the WASTE line. It is usually open to allow water to go out unless someone added a shut-off valve.

Do you still have more questions?

full

Hello,

Yes, we are talking about the same thing.

EVACUATION = WASTE LINE.

We call it ‘evacuation’ here. And yes, I have a shut-off valve on the waste line, which means that I can close that line when I want.

My question is, when I am doing the BACKWASH and the RINSE, should the waste line be OPEN, to evacuate the water?

Shoult it be OPEN when I am doing the BACKWASH and OPEN when I am doing the RINSE?

I ask because someone told me that the waste line should be OPEN only when I am doing the RINSE, not on BACKWASH, too.

Thank you.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Both Backwash and Rinse send water to Waste. So the Waste line valve needs to be open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.