back-up power

May 28, 2010
Overland Park, KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I have a Pentair SuperFlo 1HP SF-N1-1A (340038). I keep it running 24X7. I'm looking to get a generator in case I have a power failure. What Specs (How powerful) does the generator need to be to power that pump? Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick,

Are you running the pump off of 120 volts or 240 volts?

Keep in mind that a pool can go for days without power, so unless you have a lot of power failures, or they last for a week or more, it seems to be kind-of unnecessary.. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: PoolGate
Rick,

Are you running the pump off of 120 volts or 240 volts?

Keep in mind that a pool can go for days without power, so unless you have a lot of power failures, or they last for a week or more, it seems to be kind-of unnecessary.. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.
thanks Jim, 120V. I'm running it during the winter as my wife swims each day in the (ice cold) water. So, if I have a power outage and no anti-freeze I'm worried about a pipe freeze w/o the moving water. I'm in KC area and we have periodic ice storms/wind that causes power outages.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.