Awkward backyard build

Th first pic is from the back sliding door. The pool equipment will be put off to the right up against the house but far enough from the gas meter to be in code.

The second pic is from the side door where the fresh new patio will go to for this year. We’ll bring the patio up to the sliding door at the rear of the house next year after we take down the giant oak tree. Will be sad to do as it helps keep the house cool, but it’s too close to the house and is already impacting the cement and foundation back there.

04975B57-D5B4-40AA-B33C-A6EE94813AA8.jpeg
3ED8279F-7A0E-4693-B496-EFD861F9CD7E.jpeg

I am really concerned about what the swales will look like around the pool, and need to call the pool builder to see if there are options.

Last edited:
dorgan, this new site was made with mobile devices in mind. Most people have been saying it is even easier than TAT. Can you share what is giving you trouble and maybe someone can help with the issue.

Okay so I have looked and looked at your yard. You don't have room for much of a swale at all. I would have the PB come out and walk you through what he is talking about and why. Take notes and share them here so we can see what he is talking about.

Big tree-I would think about taking it down NOW. It will be easier to do now then after the pool is in. You will also like the fact you will not have to deal with the leaves!

Kim:kim:

dorgan, this new site was made with mobile devices in mind. Most people have been saying it is even easier than TAT. Can you share what is giving you trouble and maybe someone can help with the issue.

Okay so I have looked and looked at your yard. You don't have room for much of a swale at all. I would have the PB come out and walk you through what he is talking about and why. Take notes and share them here so we can see what he is talking about.

Big tree-I would think about taking it down NOW. It will be easier to do now then after the pool is in. You will also like the fact you will not have to deal with the leaves!

Kim:kim:
The pictures are a little deceiving as the fence along the back is a good foot or two inside our property line. You have to look at the last building plans I posted.

Regarding the tree, it’s about $4,500 to get it removed right now, so we’re holding off until next year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We’ve got the software automatically setup to reduce the file size as did Tapatalk. As long as the files aren’t above 5MB(non HDR) they’ll be optimized and resized. Both of your photos above have been reduced in size to roughly 400KB.

We’ve got the software automatically setup to reduce the file size as did Tapatalk. As long as the files aren’t above 5MB(non HDR) they’ll be optimized and resized. Both of your photos above have been reduced in size to roughly 400KB.
Ahh ok I think for the third I tried to take I noticed HDR was off, so I set it to auto. Ok good to know

I had to get my overhead main power-line to the house buried. That alone cost me $7k. They had to go 120' down and around the property line. Had to be done though if I wanted a pool :)

I'm looking forward to your build. Have fun!

That is a very small Baja ledge. It can't be bigger then about 7' X 5' right? Besides pool depth, a lot of people wish they had put in bigger Baja steps. I probably would have made that bigger and then curve off of it to the connect to the deeper end seating...basically a bench all along one side of the pool. How deep are you going with the Baja ledge?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.