Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Opened the pool this past weekend

Last year when I closed it I ran the CL up to 13.5 ppm

Opened it 8 months later, at it was at 11.00 ppm! Clear and sparkly.

Of course then it rained buckets and that threw any kind of chemistry off. It's sitting at shock levels right now - passed the OCLT last night. Once that CL drops a bit I'll thow the new solar cover on.

Hope everyone is having a smooth opening.

We wont talk about the multiple leaks from the filter after I took it all apart and did a clean and rebuilt over the winter - but I will say the flow is now awesome, and the pressure is holding steady at 10psi.

-dave

Thanks

There were three little leaks.

One around the bump shaft - went to the pool store and they sold me the wrong O ring, so a good dollop of lube solved that.

One at the air vent. I am thinking there should be an O-ring or flat washer there, but the parts diagram does not show one - so again, lube tothe resuce

Third leak I have not tracked down yet. slow drop (like one drop every 30 seconds) when the pump is running. Either it is through the threads on the return line (easy) or a hairline crack that is in the top of the filter housing (not so easy). This weekend I will play with it - when I also plan to hard plumb the filter (you would think I would do that BEFORE opening, but nope, not how I roll)

-dave

I'm just south of you. Northern NJ to be specific. My pool was closed for 8 months. I cleaned it well before closing. Made sure I had no problems for a week before closing (I loose 1 ppm of CL on a normal day. I made sure that did not change) I ran the CL to 13.5 before closing and then drained to just below the skimmer.

Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.