Automation & SWG Upgrade Recommendations

I just found your thread... I endorse the path you are on... you will really like the upgrade. Lots go with the 3X SWG for the extra bandwidth.. Its nice to have extra generating power at times. I think @Newdude had a 3X SWG on his first pool and loved it.
Mark, I was thinking the same going with the IC60. My only apprehension was paying the extra money for the extended life and having the cell die due to flow switch or internal electronic component.

Flow switch is replaceable and about $50. Rare for a general failure if not in early life which is covered by warranty. Your climate is kind to the equipment compared to places that are very wet.

Reactions: jmvtec
Mark, I was thinking the same going with the IC60. My only apprehension was paying the extra money for the extended life and having the cell die due to flow switch or internal electronic component.
The upgrade is usually around 20% in cost for 50% more life with the IC60. When I bought mine recently, the IC40s were so expensive that the IC60 was only about 10% more. Those risks would easily be out weighed at the moment

Last edited:
I just checked Amazon and as of *right this second* the IC60 costs 19% more. The power center is the same for both so you are out that much either way.

I just checked Amazon and as of *right this second* the IC60 costs 19% more. The power center is the same for both so you are out that much either way.

He is getting an IntelliCenter with the Power Center integrated and a bundled cell.

Reactions: Newdude
I called Polytec Pools and modified my order to get the IC60 instead. $200 more now hopefully gets me some extended life. Thank you everyone. I appreciate the input and guidance. Hopefully I can find some time to install it when it arrives. :ROFLMAO:

I called Polytec Pools and modified my order to get the IC60 instead. $200 more now hopefully gets me some extended life
It’s a calculated risk, but one I would personally take in a heartbeat. At $1200 for the IC40, the IC60 only has to last 1/6 lounger to be worth it. Anything more is pure gravy in the bank. Best of luck to you !!

Reactions: mguzzy and jmvtec
Just checking back in. I did the upgrade over the weekend and it went flawless. Most of the time was spent changing out the old galvanized Unistrut that had rotted and broke to stainless to hold the new power center, re-leveling my DE filter which had sunk to one side over the years and some plumbing fixes/changes.

I got the salt level in spec and started the SWG yesterday. First impressions of the new system are mixed. Very happy with the panel interface and user friendly setup. The Intellicenter app has a pretty pathetic interface. I think Pentair could spend a little time and money improving that. I've noticed you pretty much have to restart the app anytime you look at it as it loses connection.

Overall I'm very happy and greatly appreciate the input and reccomendations from the group.

Reactions: mguzzy and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.