Automation problem RS6 with Pentair VS pump

Teddyadams

Mar 8, 2021
The Woodlands
Good morning, I have searched all over and can't find an answer. I am hoping someone can help me out. Background - I have a aqualink RS6, its connected to an intermediate controller (aquaconnect, I think) that connects to my pentair VS pump, my SWCG is connected to my cleaner button.
A few weeks ago, the back light on the display came on in the middle of the night. Weird, but no big deal. I turned the back light off and it came back on a few hours later. 2 days later all the lights come on (filter, cleaner, etc, etc) I get the REV BB error, so I assume it lost connection. I check all of the connections and they are all good, but at this point the controller is working again. The next night, all the LED lights are on and I get the error for a bad temp sensor. In the middle of the night it flashes on and off. 2 things have happened, but I don't know if they are related. 1. I replaced the 9v battery when the back light came on 2. The weather is slightly cooler. (Houston, so from 95 to 85). I thought a lizard or bug may have gotten in the service panel, but I didn't see one when I opened it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Poolbreh

In The Industry
Jul 31, 2021
San Diego
Hi,
So my initial thought is maybe you have freeze protect on more auxs and your air temperature sensor has failed (default:filter pump only)
To check if a sensor is open
1632889350408.jpeg
If the air temp is open I would replace
You can disable freeze protect on different aux if they are indeed enabled as a trial and monitor.
1632889491951.jpeg
If this doesn’t fix the issue I would say it’s most likely a bad spa side remote, or bad board. But we can figure that out if it comes.

Reactions: Teddyadams

Teddyadams

Mar 8, 2021
The Woodlands
Thank you. I hadn't thought about the sensor causing the system to go in to freeze protection. I will try this and report back. Last night I had no issues, so I hope it isn't the board starting to go. It is ONLY 20ish years old (I think). I know it isn't the spa side remote, I forgot to mention that it has been dead and disconnected for years. If it is the board, I will probably replace the whole thing from power center to controller with something more modern that I can control from my wifi enabled toaster. Thanks..

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread