Automatic vacuum issues

joekamel12

May 14, 2022
Kansas City, MO
I have a round pool and due to the circulating current, my automatic pool cleaner only moves in the direction of the current. Makes sense, but trying to find any tips to help with it. I have adjusted the return eyeball more down and towards the center, causing less current, but just can't figure out how to get it to operate better.

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I have a round pool and due to the circulating current, my automatic pool cleaner only moves in the direction of the current. Makes sense, but trying to find any tips to help with it. I have adjusted the return eyeball more down and towards the center, causing less current, but just can't figure out how to get it to operate better.
Do u have the eyeball diverter that came with the cleaner? It’s designed to prevent this

Reactions: Dirk

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Other than the eyeball, Rebel cleaners are adjustable in three ways: the length of the hose, the placement of the weight, and the flow rate. Have you messed with any of these adjustments? They are explained in the owner manual...

How do the tires look? They do wear out, which would affect traction. Also in the manual.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Welcome to TFP, by the way. It's helpful for all when you have a proper signature filled in. Something like mine is ideal. For example, what kind of pool do you have? What is the material of the finish? Are we talking a smooth vinyl above ground pool? Or a rough pebble finish?