Aug 25, 2021
Sydney, AU
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all,

I have automatic pool vacuum cleaner, Polaris 280 (with the booster pump) at a rental property but it is dying.
Just wondering whether I should replace it with the same unit or there is a better alternative out there.
It is a fibreglass SWG pool with some trees on the sides so constantly getting leaves on the pool.

I am aware that these days the robotic cleaners are the bees knees but I am not looking to get it because it's for rental property.

Thanks in advance

Polaris offers a Quattro Sport which is operated by the booster pump (as does your 280) but it has the design of an electric robot cleaner. So it does offers some of those cleaning features. You may want to consider that if you wish to keep the booster pump. Although the 280 is very good - it is cheaper than the Quattro Sport.

Reactions: vinezz
Thank you for your reply.
I am considering Polaris 360 as it seems it has the same performance as 280 but without needing booster pump.
My booster pump is still ok but it's old too around 15 years so if it may fail in short medium term I am guessing.

Is 360 good choice in this case? Is it more durable with the new all belt mechanism rather than gear based in 280?

the belt drive does seem to be more robust for motion, but I cannot speak to the 360 unit being more durable. You can search the forum if anyone has commented on it in the past.
I assume you want to leave the cleaner in the pool fulltime and it is connected via the hose to the cleaner outlet plumbing, whereas with a electric robot you would want to remove it from the pool. I have read on the forum that some do leave the robot in full time but you do have the issue with a cord crossing a deck.
If you do get the 360, post a review to share with the community.

Reactions: vinezz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.