Automatic Pool cover - stored on the long side?

Beechwoodpool

Apr 24, 2020
Georgia
I’m sure there’s a reason the covers always are stored on the short side of the pool, but is it a terrible idea to have it stored on the long side? It would work better for my design that has exposed walls on three sides to go with the existing slope.

Ditto to bmoreswim’s question. Typically that side of your pool will see a lot of foot traffic and people tend to avoid walking on the cover housing lid...

Wouldn’t it be the same weight? It’s the same size
Ha. Yes. I’m sorry. That didn’t come out right. The longer span has a much harder time supporting the same weight. I bought a commercial reel with reinforced 5 inch tubing and it sagged at 20 ft wide. I can only imagine at 30 + ft.

I saw that Aquamatic specs their reels for 25’ wide pools. I highly recommend autocovers but would work within their standard installation approaches. They are expensive but have a lot of benefits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.