automatic 3 way valve actuator?


Well-known member
Apr 20, 2008
I have put this valve in to control my solar panel. I wold like to put it on a timer to open the valve to the panel in the morning. Then bypass the panel in the evenings.

Having a problem figuring out the what actuator i need and what i am reading is that most are 24 volts.

Can someone show me what i need to get for the 24 v control?

or have any other suggestion on making this valve work to open and close on it is own?

(i thought that i posted this once before but can not find the topic)

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
All you need is a 3-way valve actuator and a dry contact timer and a transformer to provide the actuator with power. Or you could just buy a solar controller that comes with an actuator.


Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
The GL-235 is a great unit. All you have to do is set the temp you want and it will do the rest for you. It turns on the pump automatically when there is heat available and when the pool temp gets to your preset temp it will automatically shut off. Works like a charm....

Other Threads of Interest