Automated Pool Controller and SWG system Advice Needed

Mar 31, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I currently have hayward Goldline pool controller and a jandy plc1400 SWG. I am looking to go with an automated controller and a different SWG system. I may potentially tie it into my control 4 system.

What would you guys recommend? I have a 400K heater, LED lights, waterfalls, bubblers, potentially a hot tub in the future, and who know what else I may add. Not necessarily looking for cheap, but looking for good.

Interesting > Whole Home | Control4 Smart Home Systems

I wonder if it works on Z Wave or another proprietary network... You may have to contact them and ask what pool equipment they can connect to, Pentair, Hayward and Jandy are the big 3... Most of the time you can connect the SWG to the pump and have it turn on at the same time..

Other than that most everyone on the forum likes Pentair for automation because it works but it is spensive... :)

Interesting > Whole Home | Control4 Smart Home Systems

I wonder if it works on Z Wave or another proprietary network... You may have to contact them and ask what pool equipment they can connect to, Pentair, Hayward and Jandy are the big 3... Most of the time you can connect the SWG to the pump and have it turn on at the same time..

Other than that most everyone on the forum likes Pentair for automation because it works but it is spensive... :)
Price isn't really an object, I just want the best. Control4 works with all of them. I would just connect the controller through wifi or plugged into the network and then use a driver to connect control4 to the controller. That is the easy part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.