Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My pool has been in for about a month, I live in Texas where it's 100 degrees all summer and I am scheduled to have my autofill put in this week. I considering opting out. My concern is how it's gonna look with the water line coming out of the attic eaves down to the pump and it needs to be wrapped in insulation etc. Also not crazy about cutting into the pex piping in the attic. The builder also mentioned they've had problems with the system where they go bad over the winter when they freeze and it's a $600 replacement, only under warrantee for 1 year. Anyone have experience with this system? The builder said it really comes down to how much I like or dislike having to ,manually fill my pool with the hose

Not sure why you have to have the line come out of the attic. Can he not tap into an existing hose bib on exterior of your home?
When you say manual Filling, are you thinking of putting a hose in the pool each time?
The great thing of auto fill in Texas because of the heat in summer, the AF will keep your pool water At same level.
The downside is damage but you can protect it from winter storm. One other downside is if you get a leak somewhere, the AF will hide it as it just keeps filling the pool. So you do need to monitor your water bills.
It is your choice.

Reactions: pmahosky
Not sure why you have to have the line come out of the attic. Can he not tap into an existing hose bib on exterior of your home?
The only access to the hose bib is the line in the attic. it runs through the attic then to the hose bib. we finally have a week of 98+ temps and sun next week. I'm going to see how much evap I get and how often I'll have to put the hose in myself.

I have a new pool bid here is Austin and they installed the backflow preventer / fill connection at a hose bib in the back of the house. The hose bib is still a hose bib, just has a BF preventer installed also. Do you have an outside hose bib anywhere near the pool?

I installed an autofill but plugged the drain part of it. If it breaks the pool will overflow and will notice fairly fast. On my to do list is to add a sprinkler selenoid to the fill line and wire it to the ET. Make a program for 30 min a day to turn the selenoid ON. So no big deal if it break and if its a leak it would not be able to cope with the leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.