Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool builder is putting in a MP industries auto fill with a valve like the one pictured below but it seems you see the toilet valve type more often. Has anyone experienced one type being better than the other? Rebar and plumbing to go in starting next week so now's the time to change if any.
1629304354670.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what i have. Are you going to use automation? If you are you can control a sprinkler type selenoid to only work 1 hr a day as a safety precaution. That is what i do. You need to plug the drain port, if not you will never know if you have a failure.

@Flying Tivo, Yes I plan to put an electronic controlled valve on it controlled by my home automation and only have it on an hour or few a day, so I can reduce the chance or more amount of water from overfilling the pool when the valve goes bad.

Was just curious if one type was better than the other. They also brought one with a tan lid and everything else is white so I'll see if they can swap that to white or well just have to do it later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.