Autofill Issues (water coming out of the overflow pipe & water will not stop flowing)

RESISTENCIA13

May 21, 2015
Scotch Plains, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hi!

So I have a poolmister autofill installed last year (came with my new pool) it worked fine. My pool guy uninstalled when closing the pool last year. When he opened the pool this year it was not working. He said he did nothing and installed the same way it was previously installed. First, there was no water coming out at all. I think reason was he installed it to low. I asked him to installed higher and now the water will not stop flowing. I got tired of telling him what to do so I told him to leave it alone that I would like with it and fix it. I thought issue was just to adjust the float. After an entire day, I cannot get water to stop flowing. I adjust the float to where it should stop, but water still coming out. I manually lift the float and the lift arm to where water shall stop, but water still coming out. I am out of options. could it be the float mechanism is broken (it seems fine to me)? One thing I notice is that there is water coming out the overflow pipe. When I shut down the water line, then the water in over flow pipe stop flowing. I am thinking the float is broken and want to replace it with a Korky 528MP as it seems easier to adjust water level but the water coming out of the overflow pipe is throwing off. Is this normal? I would think no water shall be coming out of the overflow pipe (Though is was meant for water to come in not out) Any help with the issues and comments on the Korky 528MP will be greatly appreciated. Attached are pictures of the autofill.

Attachments

• 20200530_140454.jpg
    20200530_140454.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200530_140503.jpg
    20200530_140503.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 12
I wonder if the threads are stripped out at the bottom where it screws in. Have you taken it out and inspected the threads?

I have not yet as it's a brand new unit, I did not consider it, but I don't think this will explain the water coming out of the overflow pipe...would it?

If it is spewing water from the bottom ( stripped threads ) then the excess water will go to the over flow as designed. You should be able to put your hand all the way to the bottom and feel if water is coming out from where it threads into bottom of canister.

If it is spewing water from the bottom ( stripped threads ) then the excess water will go to the over flow as designed. You should be able to put your hand all the way to the bottom and feel if water is coming out from where it threads into bottom of canister.

I disconnected the unit and it appears that the fill line is either broken or disconnected from the canister as I can see a gap. So it looks like the overflown pipe is connecting to nothing. Hence water is saturating dirt around overflown pipe drain, which is causing water to come into canister. Thanks for your assistance. I guess now I need to call a plumber or pool company to come fix this as this seems beyond my abilities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.