Autocover repair costs ??

travelcat18

Apr 12, 2018
Indianapolis, IN
So today Tried to close my cover and one of the attachment plates just snapped in two. The plate attaches directly to the rope in the track. Have any of you tackled this kind of repair? If so how difficult will this.be for a novice I don’t know anything about auto covers. I don’t want to damage anything as these are expensive. I have a call into auto cover service dept, but I’m really concerned about the cost to repair of this. Also this unit will be 11 years old this year and I’m expecting them to suggest a new cover, but I’ve read these can be a bit salty. Any real numbers would be appreciated.

Thank you

bmoreswim

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Any visit by those folks tends to start at $150 for diagnosis. The repair itself, which I have no specific knowledge of, shouldn’t be that hard. I’d guess they will be in and out for a buck and a half to two and a half. IF they find nothing else that needs replaced immediately like rollers, ropes, etc.

If you think the cover needs replaced it probably does. One reason a safety cover fails to be safe if there is any chance that the fabric could rip if stepped on (likely at the edge seem exposed to the sun) and allows access to the water. That is likely a $2-$4K expense.