auto vacuum recommendation

robeert

Jul 10, 2020
Guelph, Ontario
This is my first year maintaining a pool and I just went through a SLAM. I'm seeing the value of an automated cleaner. I just came back from the store with a lil' shark by Pentair but I wanted to look into other options before I opened it. I already see the Zodiac Ranger looks like a better option. Anyway I've got a few questions and am open to suggestions. Is a suction cleaner the way to go for my small round ag pool? Would a robot be overkill? Please point me in the right direction. Definitely willing to pay more for something that is going to last and do a good job. Thanks!

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
If you have AG pool then you are probably wanting to pull cleaner in and out. Then robot be easiest answer plus they have some specifically for AG pools. You need to verify where an GFCI socket is located for power and ensure cord is long enough to access and reach all parts of your pool. If you don’t already have a pressure operated cleaner then don’t see the need to add all of that equipment just because you may want to leave it in pool. In fact some do leave a robot in pool if that is desirable.

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thanks. What robot you would recommend?
I think you need to talk to the people at Marina Pool Spa (click on link) as many on this forum have purchased from them. Explain that you have an AG pool and what other requirements you are looking for. I have not purchased from them but they have very good reviews to help select the proper cleaner for your needs and budget.