Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My fill water is pH 7.5. Up until recently my new pool (filled Nov 2021) required almost 15 oz of MA daily to hold steady at pH 7.6.

Well now that our daily temps in Charlotte, NC are between 75-90 my auto fill is running almost continuously. Now my acid demand is greatly reduced. I have had my acid pump off for 3 days and my pH is slowing rising from 7.2 to 7.5 today.

Am I correct that the auto fill is reducing my acid demand?

I have made no changes to waterfall or spill over runtimes.

My pool logs: PoolMath Logs

Last edited:
I would add that your new plaster might have finally stopped raising pH. Mine is on 5th month or so and requiring acid, but hear it can take up to a year to finally settle down to normal.

We need to know all your test results. What you are probably seeing is your plaster fully curing by now, so the ph demand will be less.
Great if its due to the pool curing.... I've been burning through MA, but with the acid pump its relatively painless.

I've added my pool logs to my post.

On your poolmath app you can share your Logs in pool settings, that way we can always see them if you look at your avatar pic. See mine. What we need to know is your fill water TA mainly. This way we will know if you will have an acid demand. I have a fill TA of 150, so i will always be adding acid.

On your poolmath app you can share your Logs in pool settings, that way we can always see them if you look at your avatar pic. See mine. What we need to know is your fill water TA mainly. This way we will know if you will have an acid demand. I have a fill TA of 150, so i will always be adding acid.
My fill water TA = 30. I have noticed my Pool TA reduced from 70 to 60 now over the last few weeks.

A little off the subject but why do you think your waterfill is runing so much...it shouldn't and may be indicative of a leak.
Evaporation. My Flume 2 water meter shows the Autofill pushing .02 Gallons per minute most of the day. This started once the weather warmed up. I don't think its a leak.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With a TA of 60 and low TA/pH fill water, your pH should remain fairly stable at higher ranges. Let it rise and see what happens. Your CSI will still be in the negative range if you allow pH to rise to 7.9. Each time you add MA to force pH down, TA drops as well. You want to try to hold you TA at 60.

Reactions: thegizzard
With a TA of 60 and low TA/pH fill water, your pH should remain fairly stable at higher ranges. Let it rise and see what happens. Your CSI will still be in the negative range if you allow pH to rise to 7.9. Each time you add MA to force pH down, TA drops as well. You want to try to hold you TA at 60.
Thanks. I am running my water features full time to get my pH to 7.6 and my CSI above -.30. Once I get there I hope it will stabilize.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.