Auto fill issues

Apr 23, 2016
Abilene, TX
Our auto filler is tied to our 40 year old sprinkler system. As we have replaced valves, lines and heads in the sprinkler system the auto fill has sunk into the ground (it's in the yard, about 2 feet out from the pool deck) and now it doesn't keep the pool at the proper level. Filling with a hose doesn't help, I think the overflow valve is in the autofiller. We had a skimmer leak fixed recently and the repair guy said there was no leak in the auto filler. Suggestions or ideas on how to fix? Does the auto filler need to be in concrete? Thanks!

That valve is basically a toilet valve, and like a toilet valve, is adjustable. Are you saying the valve does not shut off when it reaches the proper water level? Is the pool water level where it needs to be now (as shown in the photo)?

So, as you said in your first post, the entire canister has sunk. The fix is beyond my experience, but I can tell you there are at least two connections plumbed to the canister. The one at the bottom is the water supply that runs to the bottom of the float valve and the other is an equalizer line. The equalizer line runs to the pool wall, probably adjacent to the fill canister. If the equalizer line breaks, you'll have a mess on your hands. It may be a good idea to locate and shut off the valve that feeds the auto-fill canister until you resolve the issue.

Hopefully someone with experience will chime in. @jimmythegreek?

Reactions: imanaggie01
This may be your auto-fill and it does look like it does have an option for an overflow built into the system.

Thanks for all your help! I think we are going to have to figure out how to raise it up so the pool level stays where it should be. We can't turn it off because the water shut off is also tied to our sprinkler system. You think I could block the equalizer line that goes into the pool so I can fill it with the hose?

I think you first need to figure out if you have an overflow. Shut off valve to sprinklers for a day and fill pool with a hose above where you want it. Tape off that mark on skimmer or go to top of inside of skimmer amd wait a day to see if it drops.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.